A Mayflower's Musings

Monday, June 16, 2008

The Perfect Helper




Mike's youngest cousin, Shelbea is here, staying with us for a week. I picked her up today and we've already done a lot. I'm loving all the help that she is so willingly giving me and the fact that she is at that awesome age...old enough to be a great mommy assistant and yet, young enough that she seems to fall into kid play with complete ease.

Things we were able to do today, that we NEVER could/would have done without her:):

Did a fairly large WINCO shopping trip in 30 minutes flat - Shelbea pushed Maisie in the stroller and I had Ruby in the cart...Daphne went between us two.

Took McDonalds to the park and I got to walk around with Ruby in the Bjorn, while Shelbea actually enjoyed running after my two fast ones.

Sat and fed Ruby while watching them play in the hot tub before bedtime...I started to yell at the girls to stop splashing, but stopped myself when I realized Shelbea didn't care - in fact she seemed to like it! Yes, the perfect playmate.

I had a buddy to watch Jon and Kate Plus Eight with...since Mike never will watch it with me - but Shel. loves it too.

This post is for Shelbea's mom...so she knows that our first day was wonderful!

11 comments:

Glory Laine said...

Oh man, send her my way next!
Love ya Shelbea!

Jonathan said...

How great the you're having fun. She really likes kids.

crystalkupper said...

Seriously Stef, you don't know what a total BLESSING this post is! I'm so glad she behaved for you! And Becca, Mom will gladly send her your way ANYTIME!

Candi said...

Wow! Thanks Stef, it sounds like my prayers for your first day were answered beautifully. Thanks so much. You don't realize what a blessing this is to me, and now you are getting blessed too! Hope your whole time with Shelbea goes as well as today.

Candi said...

P.S. to Becca: She is really quite a good "mother's helper" and comes with a cheap price :-)

momaof4 said...

What fun!
I remember helping a gal up the street from me. She would mow her lawn, clean gutters, weed (her hubby was really busy) and I would sit and play with the kids, make them PB&J.
I would love love love to have a gal that would do that. Just play with the kids while I did all those odd jobs (not the gutters!) :)

ENJOY!!!

February Jill said...

Have fun with Miss Shelbea, we were bummed that we missed out on the chance to "Kung Fu" with you!

Angela said...

Have a great time! :)

Unknown said...

What a WONDERFUL helper you have!! Looks like fun, too!

Ty and Molly said...

I just had my friend's 4 year old for the last few days and invited my youngest sister to come & stay too. What a difference a playmate makes! I am glad you are enjoying your summer with the girls. I would love to get together sometime and pick your mom brain.

Rachel said...

That was your first day???? Wow!!! I would guess she's having as much fun as you are!