A Mayflower's Musings

Friday, April 24, 2015

The real victories



I think we talk a lot about academics and sports when it comes to our kids' achievements but isn't it true that it's some of the behind the scenes victories that us mamas breathe the biggest reliefs about....

For example-  it only took 6 therapy sessions at 80 dollars a pop but daphne is now able to sleep without her TV on all night long!  Move over backhand springs and spelling contests-  this took some big guts believe it or not!  And she's doing it and I'm so thankful she is able to feel more peace at bedtime!

Also,  for years maisie and I battled every morning over baths and hair and socks and clothes and real sensory issues that paralyzed her and made mornings and getting ready so stressful!  She now wakes up before me,  showers,  gets dressed and is ready before the rest of us with little tears!  This is new this year and its huge!

I'm so thankful for these little victories and praying for their continued success in these areas!!

1 comment:

Erica Brown said...

Oh I have that in common with Daphne, I usually have the TV on with the volume off and closed captioning on and Dave turns it off when he comes to bed.