A Mayflower's Musings

Thursday, April 2, 2015

Ruby's trip to Disneyland

When I took daphne to Disneyland I wrote about it...same with maisies trip!  I facebooked plenty of rubys trip but I figure I ought to write a little bit about it here too!   Those one on one trips are so special and I know Pam loves reliving them here too!  

Here's rubys brand new suitcase and some of her new treasures for the trip!  I adore this picture for some reason-  maybe because the anticipation/shopping for a special trip can be some of best parts!

When we said goodbye to the family daphne handed me this card to be read on the way!  I mean how in tune is my first born to her mama?!  I about balled!

Ruby was pumped for her first plane ride-  but her ears hurt really badly...remember that Pam?!

Pretty sure ruby was meant for the palm tree life-- at least she exudes sunshine like warm California!

I think we swam that first day because it was really hot and we were tired from our early flight!  I went across the street and got her this scuba kit.  She literally flipped her way thru the hotel on the way to the pool with goggles and snorkel ready to go! Such a hoot!

Our Cali friends and former neighbors braved the traffic and met us at our hotel that night for a fun dinner and night swim!  Love me some Becky time!  Miss you friend!!!

I don't know what could be more special than some alone time with this girlie-  Pam on my deathbed this gift will be right up there on the most wonderful thing anyone gave me in motherhood!


Here we are about ready to go on our very first ride and my personal favorite-  Peter Pan!   Look at rubys sweet excited face here!  These are one of those moments in time I wish I could travel back to and cherish again!


We bought her belle dress at the Disney store before our trip and she was so thrilled to meet her look alike princess!  

Of course this was the year that the megahit Frozen came out and stole all the little girls' hearts!  You wouldn't have believed the line to meet Elsa and Anna - but luckily we met another family that stood in line for us!  We only got to meet Anna but it was pretty special!!!

Rubes was very brave and did all the roller coasters in Disneyland!  I love her face here!!

Waiting for our shuttle one morning!
Ruby was a whole year older by the time we took her and I know it helped a lot!  She walked like a trooper and I don't remember any tears or huge exhaustion -  us 3 gals stormed Disney taking in all it's magic!  Some new things were the car ride and the world of color show--the only bummer was that pirates and small world were closed.  Other than that though we saw and ate and road our hearts out!



And then we came home to this--ready to give the other kids their gifts and face the world again!




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love! Harper wont let me stop looking at these pics lol! ~Char