A Mayflower's Musings

Monday, January 9, 2012

Ruby turns four!

Our baby girl is four! I guess I'm sad because I was either pregnant or postpartum her entire 3 year old existence and I think it went extra fast. Also, with babies on my mind I forgot to realize that my "Ruby baby" was growing up in front of my very eyes.

This year I'm going to do a 180 in my thinking. I'm going to try not to say, "she or he is getting so big" and "time is going too fast". Instead I am going to remember that they are actually really little still and I'm going to try and relish the baby in ALL four of them still. I'll probably mess up a lot and either try to grow them up too fast (in efforts to excell in school or help around the house etc) or feel sentimental when I see old pictures and videos etc, but I really am going to try and live in the moment more.

Precious moments like Ruby's first ballet performance in December and yesterday at her birthday party:






















3 comments:

Dan and Charity Smith said...

Adorable! Love the stick horses, so creative!! Happy Belated birthday, Miss Ruby :)

crystalkupper said...

Looks like the party was fantastic! Way to go, Stef.

Candi said...

Great pictures. I especially like the one of you and Ruby, and the one of you and Mike. Very creative party, as usual.