A Mayflower's Musings

Monday, January 9, 2012

Christmas 2011 Gallery

I have this little unwritten rule that I have to finish my chores before I blog. You know the rest of the story, right? My chores are never done so I rarely give myself permission to write and show pictures. But Christmas was 2 weeks ago and Ruby's birthday was last week...so I am ignoring all else and documenting a few memories this morning.


We had a wonderful Christmas season - full of friends, family, food, advent activities and it just wouldn't have been complete without a kid throwing up all day on Christmas (Maisie). It went too fast and I have been reflecting on how we slow time to enjoy it even more. But I know that's everyone else's challenge this time of year too, so I find comfort that I'm just another mom in that club. At least I snapped a lot of pictures:


Once upon a time (before kids) my sister in law and I went on a trip to London and stayed up into the wee hours of the night dreaming and talking about our children-to-be. We envisioned them looking just like this:


The reality is that most of the time they look and act like this:

Of course we LOVE them BOTH ways:)

Henry was a trooper as he got passed around and had lots of interrupted sleep. Luckily since he's the fourth baby he's sorta used to "rollin" that way!
Grandma Pam always gets the kids and Becca and I new Christmas jammies - a tradition we heart! She always displays them in new and cute ways.


I laughed out loud when I saw this progression of pictures....Daphne gives her gift givers the best reactions. This one deserved it (a trip to the Embassy Suites and shopping at the mall with her Grandma Pam)




This is out of order, but we had a really fun time making gingerbread houses with the cousins the week BEFORE Christmas. Maisie won the prize for most attention to detail!






My cute sis-in-law Meghann, and sister Lesley!

1 comment:

Dan and Charity Smith said...

Loved your Christmas story in photos. Daphne's reaction was awesome :)