A Mayflower's Musings

Saturday, January 14, 2012

A Magical Evening




If you know me well you know I LOVE movies. And I'm having SO much fun introducing the kids to my favorites and experiencing new ones with them too! I have been waiting a long time for the night when I felt they were ready for E.T. Ruby might be a little young for a couple of the scary parts and there were a couple words that they know aren't words we say. And each family has their own comfort zones...but for me and my group we were READY.

They loved it. Ate it up..kissing each other on the cheeks in excitement when the bikes rose into the air at the end and tearing up when Eliot and ET said goodbye!

Spielberg. Wow. Timeless. Classic. Movie music at it's best....

Where were you when you saw this movie the first time? And don't comment if you've never seen it...just.go.rent/stream/buy it!

3 comments:

crystalkupper said...

I really don't remember too much of it....just vague memories of M&Ms and ET phone home. :-) But I totally know what you mean; I love introducing Jack to all my favorite musicals!

Dan and Charity Smith said...

We saw ET at the drive in! I'll never forget that. So funny , because I was just telling my kids on Friday that I thought we should try watching this soon. We tried last year & they didn't make it 10 minutes before deciding they weren't ready :) So glad you had a fun movie night.
Char

Kathie said...

Special place in my heart for this movie--Christmas gift to all the grand kids from Papa Ed and Santa Barb! Back in the days when VHS was the new rage. What fun we had watching it as a family, I'm pretty sure it was one of our beach movies too!