A Mayflower's Musings

Friday, March 12, 2010

Braver than Brave

Or stupider than stupid...

I have pictures to prove it but sometimes the task of getting them on the computer stops me from writing when I feel like it. So for today I just have to tell, not show.

Yesterday Daphne, Maisie and I painted the closet we have under our stairs. Why? my imagination tells me you ask. Well, it's a bit of a story...but the short version is that they like to play in there, have dubbed it the "submarine", and I thought it would be really fun for them to actually transform it into an underwater world.

Yesterday we prepped and prepped, and then got the first coat up. It was really cute to see them rolling paint on the walls with their little mini rollers and the look on their eyes that they were doing something that they were meant to do.

It was messy, but I've decided that messy and memorable go hand in hand. Stay tuned for the transformation pictures.

I am so tired today!





3 comments:

crystalkupper said...

This project totally sounds like you. I'm sure it will turn out amazing, and your girls will grow up to be just as crafty as you! Looking forward to pictures.

momaof4 said...

So much fun. My sister had a closet like that. Her kids LOVED it. They put a little TV in there and a light and they would go in there and hide out with friends or each other OR from each other! Now they are to big to do that. But I think your girls will love it!!

Candi said...

Elsa and Josh love to play in my closet under the stairs, and all I had to do was put up a little light so they could pull the string and see! Imagination does the rest. Good job girls :-)