A Mayflower's Musings

Monday, January 26, 2009

Too close, yet Too Far Away




Today I was feeling down, so I came to blogworld to read up on my friends' lives and leave some comments. One of my comments inspired me to do a new post. Once again, mostly because I needed to take my mind of some stuff. So forgive me at the lameness of this post. It's content is by know means the number one thing on my mind right now, and that is the whole point today.

So, here is my funny ah ha. A week ago I fortunately or unfortunately found a new swimsuit for Mike's and my kidless trip to Hawaii. I say kidless, because I probably wouldn't attempt a two piece when I am running after and picking up little ones. It's the black suit pictured here. The skirt is actually cute and serves a good purpose.

I am close to looking adequate in this suit. The tension lies in the fact that 4 weeks is barely enough time to exercise and eat well enough to look smokin' in this suit, so I should be wishing that the trip was farther out. And yet in mom/wife reality 4 weeks is longer than I would like between now and a vacation.

I guess like every other day in my life as mom, I am going to just have to do my best.

Please kick me now for this dumb post!

14 comments:

Lynn said...

Oh, how I feel your pain, I just got a new suit for our trip to Mexico that is in 3 weeks. I am not brave enought to go with a full two piece....I got the tank top kind, my tummy is not sun ready! :(

Unknown said...

I'm envious you are gonna wear a two piece after three children! I woulnd't do it now if my life depended on it and I've only had one! Very cute suit Stef, and I know you're gonna look smokin' in it! Have a WONDERFUL trip!

Glory Laine said...

You should sue the ad agency who put that models head on your body.

Stefanie said...

Becca,

Nice try - you made me laugh. Especially since you've actually seen me in my new suit...

Stef

Stacey said...

Oh but remember that your real life figure shows that you're an accomplished mother of 3. Hers simply shows a smokin' hot model who makes thousands of dollars an hour....oh, guess I'm not really helping am I? Still, yours is the greater reward in life! I'll bet you look great in it so wear that suit with pride and reprsent us mamas!

momaof4 said...

Way to go girl!!
Have you shown hubby or are you saving that for the trip? :)

Molly said...

You better be careful with clothes like that you are going to come home with a little Hank ;)

Tara said...

Molly beat me to the "Hank" comment. Cute suit, Stef. You'll look hot in it!

Lion Heart said...

oh la la. stef your so cute! have a great im sure much needed kidless trip to hawaii!

crystalkupper said...

I remember the first time you came to Clear Lake, and you were wearing a 2-piece, and me being around 13 at the time and awkward, I was INSANELY jealous of your curvy, developed, smokin' hot body. To this day, I've NEVER looked that good in a bikini, even pre-kid! So pat yourself on the back. You're a babe.

February Jill said...

I think that suit looks great on you Stef! I hope you guys have a great time.

So wish I could just hop in your suitcase and come along!

Jill

Rachel said...

I say good for you for wearing a two piece! And I HATE looking at the suits on models, blck! You are going to look wonderful and the only person checking you out that matters would probably rather see you out of your suit anyway!

KLB said...

I would kill to just look adequate. I am so dreading summer. I want to take abby swimming, but don't want to scare people away

Sara said...

JEALOUS of your trip & suit...such a cute one! I'm sure you'll look like one hot mama! :)

PS---Your girls are DARLING & I love, love, love the names you picked out! Your oldest is you all over again (from what I could see in the video post).