A Mayflower's Musings

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Sisters


Have you ever had a friend that people always mistakingly assumed was your sister? Well, recently I have. Her name is Leslie, which coincidently, is my real sister's name also. But anyways, Leslie and I became acquainted at church only a year ago, and since then, over and over, people have asked us if we are sisters. I can't speak for Leslie, but I took it as a compliment, as Leslie is 8 years younger than me, super cute and so so sweet!




Leslie and I met just a little over a year ago when she joined my mom's group. She brought her sweet little daughter, Grace, only 5 months at the time. No one else had attended that day, so her and I just got to chat and get to know each other, which was fun. That was just the beginning of Leslie and her husband Josh becoming really involved at our church....mom's group, women's ministry, men's ministry, Bible studies, nursery duties, teaching middle school classes...and FAST friends to a big group of couples who enjoy each other's company out of church too.




But the sad part of the story is that just a month ago her and Josh moved away due to a great internship that Josh has chosen. They are actually really excited to be off on an adventure; one that they feel God has been leading them toward. But, now they are very separated from friends and family and Leslie is at home with little Grace (now about a year and a half old) for many hours as Josh's commute makes his work day even longer. She is very positive about their new situation, but she went from being involved in all that I listed above, plus a leader of Young Life in our city, to mostly just caring after Grace and Josh.




Some of you may have experienced something like this in the past...and even if you haven't you can imagine how Leslie might be needing some one to just talk to. Thus, she started a blog to keep us all informed on their new life. And yet, no one in my community does this blogging thing. And they don't comment either. So it makes me sad to see her comments at only 1 each post - and that's mine.




You all so graciously welcomed me into your blog community...and I can't tell you how much I realized I needed you - you really are my "mom's group via the internet" that I can access whenever I need to vent, have a question or just want to gab (that really is a whole other post...)


So, I have added her to my "B-LOGS to BELONG TO " and wouldn't she just fall over to find that she had like 5 to 10 comments from encouraging strangers. I know she will enjoy your blogs too.




Thanks for letting me introduce you to my sister in Christ, Leslie!






7 comments:

Angela said...

You are such a cool friend!

Sharon said...

Fast friendships like that are so sweet~that instant connection is awesome! I'm sure you miss her being close by so much!

crystalkupper said...

You're such a great friend! I'll try to read it when I get a chance.

Our great adventure said...

Stef! You are so sweet, and are making me cry! And my mouth did drop because I checked my own blog before yours and I did have all kinds of comments! I really appreciate you. Thanks so much! Love ya, Leslie

Unknown said...

You are so sweet, I'm going to pop over to her blog now... :)

Stacey said...

Okay, so is it sad that I rarely have comments and yet it doesn't keep me from blabbering on and on? Apparently I don't need any encouragement. Perhaps this is a family trait that Becca and I share? You should see (hear) our family get-togethers!

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Placa de VĂ­deo, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://placa-de-video.blogspot.com. A hug.