A Mayflower's Musings

Thursday, November 15, 2007

Thanksgiving Feast a la Preschool Style

I missed the Pumpkin Patch, Back to School night, the Halloween party, and haven't volunteered at all - because of Maisie and my condition. But still as a former first grade teacher, it is hard to step back and not participate very much. So when the Thanksgiving Feast invitation came, I arranged a sitter straight away and took Daphne's lead in anticipating a really memorable 45 minutes:). She wanted to invite the world and everyone to dress up (that was definitely her own idea). So what did we do? We went shopping the day before, and spent lots of time beautifying the day of! It really got us excited for a real feast next week!






11 comments:

momaof4 said...

SO CUTE!!!
It always brings a tear to my eye to see them singing away at such a young age. So fun.

Glory Laine said...

How fun! I love the curlers. And of course May May got one too.

Hosmerita said...

Priceless. Such cute pics, and what fun!

Ona said...

They are darling!!!

Julie said...

This is so sweet... I remember Brady and Emma's pre-school Thanksgiving Feast. That was twelve years ago, yikes!

I still sing them a song I learned in kindergarten every Thanksgiving morning... they always graon, "Mom! I want to sleep in"! But I keep singing it anyway :)

"Wake up little pilgrims, the sun is in the east, today is the day of our Thanksgiving feast..." :)

Anonymous said...

Those pictures are priceless. You are such a good mom. I love that you went shopping and spent lots of time getting ready for the event, that is so special for both of your girls.

Julie-please don't come over and sing that song to me on Thanksgiving.

Angela said...

Oh how fun and I love seeing grandpa in the picture!

Rachel said...

I love school functions! I'm glad you made it!

Sharon said...

She's just beautiful! Enjoy those days! Now my kids race from the bathroom to their bedrooms, lest I see an inch of their skin, and they "beautify" themselves! I kind of miss the curler days--kind of! : )

Happy McNally Mom said...

Your girls are so cute. I can't wait to see you at our blog party and we can share our end of pregnancy stories.

Rachel said...

And I have to tell you that this post inspired me to try to get Sawyer's hair to curl....and the hot curlers worked! Thanks!