A Mayflower's Musings

Thursday, December 21, 2017

Literally a DREAM vacation

Years and years ago when Mike and Pam bought this place I dreamt of us all doing a Christmas in McCall.  But we just never could make it happen-  there was fears of not having the right vehicle to actually GET here in the winter, the kids were too little for such a treck if it was dicey, I didn’t want to leave my parents at this time of year especially when they were sick.  So we waited and waited.


And then this year it was just RIGHT and it worked out that we came just US.  Not only for Christmas but for 2 weeks.  December 17 through December 31!!!!!


I’m pinching myself everyday because it’s snowy and magical and cozy and the children are actually old enough that I’m relaxing.  A LOT.  Yesterday I took an hour long bath....I didn’t have to sled the whole time when I got tired and cold, lots of reading my book and playing a game on my phone, and the girls are even taking turns cooking!


Here’s the last two days in pictures!



















No comments: