A Mayflower's Musings

Friday, November 4, 2016

Yesterday!

I had a truly special day yesterday!

1) thankful for subbing-  it makes me feel actually good at something.  I love my friend Tara's class-  a small group with kids that truly NEED us  ... and a few gems that I check my math work with before we go over answers because they are so smart.  They don't care if a cry a bit during a read aloud because I know more about nazi Germany than they do yet..sing the whole Mary poppins soundtrack during a math fluency lesson. and the adults in the school make me feel important.

2) mike who got all the kids to school SO I could sub all day!!!! (He's doing it again today too)

3) charity for taking such great care of Henry after preschool-  at which he received the October academics award!!!!  Yay hank!

4) watching Maisie at jazz come into her own as a dancer! And miss k for being the kind of encourager I want to be in a mom!  She is patient and always always praising!  

5) and the BEST of all my friend Julie who practiced an act of kindness for ME!  While I was running around after subbing she came and took daphne and Ruby and Tate for a walk.  And then ----and here's the over the top service-  she washed all my dishes by hand (my dishwasher has been broken for 2 weeks plus!) even the ones I've been ignoring in the dishwasher (they had mold growing on them).
Julie Marie-  you blessed the socks off of me!

 


Wednesday night I was googling "nervous breakdown" and Thursday night I went to bed knowing I kicked BUTT and also that my friends and family won't ever let me breakdown completely.

So thankful.......

No comments: