A Mayflower's Musings

Wednesday, November 9, 2016

What will the children remember about elections 2016?

Yesterday Daphne shared our family's political views with her ride home from gymnastics.  When she told me I shamed her. Honey that family wasn't voting like us-  you shouldn't have said anything at all.

Today when she gets home I'm going to apologize.  I've been so conscious of keeping my mouth shut and not hurting anyone else's feelings that I'm forgetting that I should be teaching the kids that it's OK for us all to disagree.

I've been on Facebook today and it's ugly.  So ugly. And it's been ugly at school I hear too.

This country is still a gift no matter our leader.  We still have freedom to make so many wonderful choices that affect our sphere of influence.

I'm gonna keep raising positive,  loving,  thankful children whom run with the life skill child at their jog a thon instead of trying to beat everyone else,  who play guitar with the elderly neighbor across the street,  who send all their money to Mexico and find out it paid for 3 days of a newly drug free person's healthy food and life,  who send their teammate's hurt mother a few pizzas to feed their family,  who trust in God that tomorrow we will still be living in a safe and luxurious country.

America The Beautiful



 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: