A Mayflower's Musings

Saturday, November 5, 2016

Not the typical blessings list....

I know it's typical on Facebook and in all other forms to write our blessings in terms of things that blessed US.

Please allow me to flip it around a little and know I remain humble at heart.  This is just a story how God used me to bless someone else.

Yesterday-  late afternoon- I pulled into a coffee drivethru not typical of  my travelings.  I needed something extra to get me thru a late Friday evening. 

I struck up a conversation with the young girl serving me.  I asked her if she was in school -  she looked young. She said she had been but then she had a baby and now she was working and going to chemeketa for a class or two.

I questioned my desire to give her a very big tip since we are trying to stick to a budget and I sometimes find myself trying to feel better in this season my buying things for others.

So I settled on a nice but not too nice tip. And drove away.  

Then this morning  I went back to the same spot because mike didn't make coffee as usual and I was in that same area dropping off kids for a class.  

She said I'm so glad you came back. I wanted to thank you for that tip.  I wasn't supposed to work last night and I had to get a sitter for my baby.  It was really slow and your tip made all the difference.

I realized that that time I wasn't giving to make someone like me more or to make me feel better -  it was a true God prompt.

I told her that my daughter Daphne was a great sitter and I wrote down our number for her... she has a 7 month old.  

It felt good to bless.

I am thankful to feel like a vessel being used here.  Sometimes I've thought recently that if I didn't have a family to care for I'd as soon not breathe in and out anymore.

But I have worth in so many ways.

My thankful list today is that I may have been on HER thankful list.  

No comments: