A Mayflower's Musings

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Valentine's Tea

A few years ago we started a tradition of inviting special guests for a Valentine's Tea. Last year I was so sick in my first trimester that we skipped it. So this year we resumed it in full swing.

The girls and I are so blessed with girlfriends. If I am teaching them anything well, I believe it is the importance of relationships. I guess they inherited mine and Mike's social genes and this comes naturally to them. They make friends and have a grand time with people of all age wherever we go!

So this year we invited some of their older girlfriends...Emma age 11, Riley age 12, and Lacey age 17. Of course their mothers are my dear friends as well and they came to sit at my table.

We had a memorable time.









These are the bubblegum necklaces that were my nemesis. Things on pinterest look so wonderful and easy, don't they? Well, they were not and took all my cleaning time the day before the party. Oh, well, the girls loved them and now I know how to make them.



When our friends had gone, I couldn't help smile with these last shots. They are beautiful proof of time well spent on a Saturday afternoon.



Lastly, I have to thank Pam, who saved the day by helping me clean that morning. Her and Mike Sr came into town that am to take the girls out to breakfast and to pick out new chicks at Wilco, but instead I called and asked her to "quick...come rescue me!" And she did. My floors sparkled. Thanks Pam!

3 comments:

crystalkupper said...

How fun! Nick and I threw a "Famous Couples from History" party for Valentine's Day this year, and it was SO MUCH FUN!!! P.S. Another reason I will never be on Pinterest!

Candi said...

LOL to Crystal's comment about Pinterest! I will definitely avoid that site. Looks like you girls had great fun, and made some more special memories. You're so good at that!

Dan and Charity Smith said...

Fun!! Ok, I can't find you on pinterest. Search for me the next time you are on, it's under my name :)Love all your posts as usual, miss you- we shall get together soon!