A Mayflower's Musings

Monday, March 12, 2012

Henry's Dedication Day

Yesterday was Henry's big day! It went really well. I was fairly organized and by the time Sunday am rolled around we were ready. It sure takes a lot of details to get four kids and a mother looking their best for an occasion like this AND have a clean house for a gathering RIGHT after the event. And there were a few that had never been to our house before so I'm talking dusting baseboards, cleaning the WHOLE toilet, and bleaching the kitchen sink kinda cleaning! It felt good to finally do some of that long over-due stuff.

But by pacing myself and with help from many people it all came together! Above everything my goal was to stay calm and really keep my priorities straight. Celebrating God's blessing in Henry and all those who love him!

Henry was a sweet little cherub baby in his dedication clothes. The girls donned their bright yellow dresses with swanky new sandals. Family and friends were in attendance. Leah, one of my best friends, did the honors. And then we returned to our house for soup, bread, lemonade and cookies. Picture perfect really.

Then everyone went home and I collapsed on the couch. I think Mike and I watched 5 episodes of our favorite show on Netflix, while the girls rested and played upstairs.

Today, I am still wiped out. So I am treating myself to a minimal chore day and blogging these cute pics for ya'll that couldn't make it!












7 comments:

crystalkupper said...

Did you get it on video too? Love his chubby little legs!

Dan and Charity Smith said...

So sweet <3

KLB said...

What a sweet family!
Henry looks like his daddy!

Growing Good Golfers said...

Very Sweet! It was fun to see you for a few minutes on Saturday!

Candi said...

So very happy that Henry has parents who care enough to dedicate him to the Lord at an early age. Very proud of you and Mike. Love all of you :-)

Anonymous said...

I love that little cherub baby.

Moon Dance Ranch said...

Thank you for inviting us to the baby dedication! We love you guys so much and adore those kiddos!!!
Gary and Deb