A Mayflower's Musings

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

A Scratch Day

Do you ever meet the end of the day and feel defeated because your to-do list went unchecked?

It happens often here and I have just enough obsessiveness in myself that I have to remind myself to breathe and it's therapy to list off what DID happen before I fall asleep.

Dishes piled high.
Daily internet job hours didn't get done.
And this and that too.

But, Daphne and I went on a long walk at 6:15am...meeting the day's sunshine hand in hand.

Ruby got to ballet.

Spent an hour plus outside after school watching the kids play with their neighborhood pals.

Made home made waffles for dinner.

Each child picked a story that I read to them at bedtime.

And ended the evening with a dear friend.


Seriously, how can I be discouraged with a day like that. And just.like.that....I feel better.

Sleep awaits.

3 comments:

Dan and Charity Smith said...

Sounds like a good day. Love you :)

crystalkupper said...

Way to keep your eyes on the eternal. Good for you.

Stacy said...

A day that ends with stories around here is a great day! Way to go mama!!!