A Mayflower's Musings

Friday, August 19, 2011

My Baby Shower

I had the most beautiful double shower 2 weeks ago, hosted by my very talented and sweet sister in law!

She did the cutest theme with nests. Our invites had two little eggs in the nest and the decor included flowers, branches, bird cages, bird pictures, and of course nests! We sat on her very shaded and quaint back porch. Jill and I side by side in a double bench. It was the perfect setting....like a "Pollyanna"sort of afternoon if you've seen and love that movie like me.

It was a family shower and since we are cousins (in law) there were guests for me, guests for her, and guests whom we shared. But we all know each other fairly well anyways so the conversation was intimate and the mood was very very celebratory and for me and Jill, I think it was a bit emotional. We had our first babies just 3 weeks apart, and now to be wrapping up our families side by side...well, let's just say it's a God Thing! We know it and we feel blessed...throw some pregnancy hormones in there and I think her and I could have cried a few times that day:)

I should have posted this before the nursery reveal, because I referenced it a couple times, but my ducks are always in a gaggle of chaos and never in that row that some people are always striving for (me included).

So here you will see the lot of shoes from Kathi, and me receiving Jill's quilt too. Daphne was in attendance, which was special. You will see her eating the blueberry cobbler that Becca creatively presented in canning jars. Also notice the names of our babies, written in chalk on the siding of Becca's house.... Henry and Amelia...don't they sound straight out of a Jane Eyre novel?

I have had a lot of showers through my pregnancies, and I've loved them all. I think it's because this is for sure my last baby, but it took me by surprise how much this particular moment in time touched me and how I'm beginning to be sad that this pregnancy is coming to a close. I'll write more on those thoughts later...

To Becca - thank you! And to all the ladies who came and "showered us" - what can I say...I'm blessed to have each one of you in my life!












2 comments:

crystalkupper said...

It was a really fun shower, I'm glad I got to come!

Sara said...

Sounds perfect! Also LOVING the name Henry/Hank. You have such great taste, my dear!