A Mayflower's Musings

Monday, August 8, 2011

Major Victory

Today Maisie and Daphne were scheduled to go to VBS. Maisie hasn't really been keen on the idea, but I was set on getting her there somehow. One of her bestest preschool friends would be in her group and I knew I wanted her to at least TRY it.

Well, last night she was in tears at the idea. And Daphne and I both woke up feeling really sick, so I easily gave up. She didn't want to go to begin with and if Daphne wouldn't be there, then forget it.

But then 15 min before VBS would be starting her and Ruby were busy playing and fighting over Henry's new car seat. She started to whine about the day and how she was going to be bored. So I just said, "Well, I'm probably going to be sitting in this chair all day, but you have the opportunity to go do something really FUN at VBS or make your own fun here." To my surprise she quickly decided she wanted to go!

We got ready in 10 minutes and were out the door. I was so tickled by her sudden change in enthusiasm. Of course once there it took some major mom encouragement and I had to stay awhile til she was able to let go of me. But with the promise of a trip to see Smurfs at the end of the week (if she goes all 4 days) ... we both had something to look forward to!

She did it! And I cried a lot of proud tears in the van on the way home. Maisie is really making huge strides this summer. Mike and I are over the moon about this little girl in our lives.

2 comments:

Dan and Charity Smith said...

Yay!! I'm crying proud tears with you! I'm so excited for Miss Maisie. Awesome :)Love you! Char

Moon Dance Ranch said...

You are an incredible mommy! Yeah Maisie. She is a special gift. Glad you are able to go to VBS and Grant saw the smurf movie and LOVED it. Love ya! deb