A Mayflower's Musings

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Just Shoot Me (okay..not really!)

Do you ever feel like you are putting out a ton of effort and it's just not going so well?

I just spent an hour and a half at Winco at peak shopping time with three girls (and one tiny boy in utero). I got home and put everything away (200 dollars worth) and started my dinner with 3 hungry children waiting expectantly.

Then I realized my new recipe calls for a can of corn and that is the one (or maybe there's more) thing I forgot. All four wonderful neighbors have none either. That's okay...cornless Southwest tuna casserole it shall be.

The phone rings and it is one of the video rental places in town. Turns out that I returned my recently rented videos to the wrong store. So although I finally got my movies returned by the due date (I struggle in that area)...they are now late because I dropped them off at the TOTALLY wrong store. What was I thinking?

I give up..but I can't give up...so instead I find my outlet of frustration relief here with you.

Jill...did we really give up desserts for 21 days and was that MY idea??!! Crap.

3 comments:

crystalkupper said...

Oh, I hear ya. Been there. Take a deep breath and remember, as my mother says, this too shall pass! Love you guys.

Candi said...

Oh my word! You had one of those days that we all have every now and then. Be kind to yourself and let it go :-) You are an amazing mother and wife and woman, and right now you have every excuse in the book to make some silly mistakes! Love you!

February Jill said...

Ha ha, it really was crap. We just do what we can do :)
Love you

Jill