A Mayflower's Musings

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

It's on the calendar!



Today I had the best appointment!

a. I've only gained 10 lbs...

b. I made peace with the decision to have a third c-section vs. VBAC. Everyone is different and God has let me know this is our birth story. The doctor and I had a wonderful conversation.

c. I know my baby boy's birthday and it's September 1st. (5 whole days before school starts which is a huge relief for me!)

d. My family's calendar of special days is set (I guess unless he decides to come early)

e. And then while my mom babysat I went to Starbucks and celebrated with my gestational diabetes special order - a 12 oz soy latte.

Today beat yesterday in leaps and bounds and birthday balloon highs.

8 comments:

crystalkupper said...

That's cousin Ryann's birthday....I'm sure she'll be honored! Can't wait!

Dan and Charity Smith said...

Oh my gosh!!! So exciting. That reminds me...I saw the cutest boy bday party idea & thought of you :) I'll have to see if I can find it again. Love you. Char

Sara said...

That's so great! I know what a planner you are. :()) Any names yet?

Growing Good Golfers said...

So excited to meet the little guy! Miss seeing you.

KLB said...

Stephanie,

I have gestational diabetes too! I was really upset with myself until I had to realize it was not my fault. I am 8 months pregnant and have lost 7 pounds! So I guess there is a small perk?! LOL Good luck to you. I love hearing about your family and I am so excited for that baby boy of yours. I just knew the boy was coming!

KLB said...

I was borderline at 28 weeks so she did the test again. Then I was full blown! I am as careful as I can be. I have met with a dietitian and my mom is diabetic so I am getting lots of help. Since you have been diagnosed so early I would be as careful as you can. One of the side effects that can happen to the baby is they have a higher chance of getting diabetes at a young age. It can suck because I really want chocolate cake! LOL but I just have to limit myself to maybe 2 bites of that cake instead of a whole piece. Please let me know if I can help or give you more details. Its not as bad as I thought it was going to be. Just make sure you get yourself a dietitian.

Rachel said...

Whooohooo!

Glory Laine said...

The perfect birthday! can't wait to meet the little guy!