A Mayflower's Musings

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

The Twelve Days of Christmas

On the second day of Christmas, I was going to give you the following advice - but my day was TOO busy, and I never got to it.

SOOOO, catching up here:

During this crazy busy time of year - please remember "That everything will turn out okay in the end".

Anyways, it did for me yesterday. You see, Ruby swallowed Daphne's pearl ring (cheapy version) on last Saturday. She choked on it, swallowed it whole and then threw up some afterward....no ring though. The on-call doc said not to worry too much, but to call on Monday am and make an X-Ray appointment. I did worry a bit all weekend, and drug all three kids into the pediatrician's after school on Monday. After reviewing the picture:), the very jovial doctor told me that it looked clear, so either she already "passed it" or will. He said I probably wouldn't notice it and don't go "a-diggin" either.

He also told me some crazy stories about these sort of things. The worst one was a child swallowing and "passing" a pocket knife!!! And the funniest one was how he slowly pulled a brontosaurus sponge out of a toddler's nose. He had stuck one of those disolvable tablets up his nose and the dino sponge grew way up there...Yuck!

Best part of the day was actually seeing the pearl ring in Ruby's diaper later that day. It actually was a relief.

Point and gift from me to you - No matter how busy we are...our little ones are going to keep us on our toes...Take a deep breath (my own counsel here), pay the x-ray fees and co-pay...kiss your child and move on with your day! And most likely....everything will turn out in the end - ha!

3 comments:

crystalkupper said...

Holy cow, that will be a great story to tell some day when Ruby is interested in boys and dating! Our foster brother Josh got several raisins stuck up his nose one time. We thought it was just congestion from a cold....

Debbie said...

Oh my! What a great story. :? Little Ruby. I enjoy your blog so much. Merry Christmas!!!
Debbie

Growing Good Golfers said...

Owen swallowed a quarter last Friday. No sign of it so far though, and I have been looking!