A Mayflower's Musings

Saturday, September 12, 2009

First Days and New Things to Offer

If you read my subsequent posts you will realize that we have had some really busy days. It literally went like this:

Sunday - huge party at our house for Daph's 6th b-day
Monday - trip to State Fair on Daphne's actual b-day
Tuesday - Daphne starts KINDERGARTEN, Maisie starts 3yr old preschool, and Daphne has her first piano lesson with new teacher

Oh my! But you will all be amazed that I survived beautifully with virtually no tears. It's even more amazing to me as I recall it in writing.

The girls did wonderfully, Ruby and I had some sweet alone time, and I feel a new chapter beginning that I am excited about. On Friday when I attended a mandatory parents meeting with Daphne's kindergarten teacher, I was able to tell her that I taught 1st grade for 4 years, that I am hoping to sub this year occasionally and that I would like to volunteer in her classroom often and can help her with assessments. I'm not bragging here people, you know my heart by now. But do you know how good it felt to say, "I have some skills to offer you." and to have it received with such an excited/relieved response??!!!

It's a bright beginning - my kids' education with me fully involved!
















6 comments:

Glory Laine said...

Tobin starts on Tuesday. No tears here. I am soooooo excited for him and Meeeeee!

Sara said...

Look at how cute you all are! I love the one of Daph & Maisie hugging. It sounds like you're all off to a wonderful start! :)

PS--Love your new header pic btw.

KLB said...

It is so great to see your girls ready for school! I would love it if an educator mom came to me willing to help. Good for you!

Judy said...

Aw, what a big day! Who is her teacher? Grandhaven, right? I hope you all have a super year ahead of you!!! (Oh and ps...you can help me with MY assessments any time, too! Ha! Ha! Just kidding...kind of. Ha!)

crystalkupper said...

How cold was it on that first day??? (looking at Daphne's outfit). Excited for you all!

February Jill said...

So cute Stef. Elsa had her hair the exact same way on her first day of school as Daphne!

Miss you guys. Jill