A Mayflower's Musings

Friday, July 18, 2008

Our Family Cabin - A Summer Tradition

An after dinner walk down to our dock...
Five of the Six
Anybody else think that the juicebox looks bigger than our Jabe?
Sisters!
Don't you know I have some naked shots of her too?
My heart on my sleeve here.
Ruby Who? She is so good that seriously, if it weren't for her
beauty and smiles, you wouldn't know she was there!

Bubble gum ice cream - Mike was disgusted, I was stealing bites!
Thank goodness for Michelle that night! Long story...
Best of friends...(33% of the time???)
Off for the big fireworks...
Right before she fell asleep during the very loud show!
Best playground out there...
Ruby had outgrown her swimsuit bottoms by the trip...still SO cute!


Going against my grain here...these aren't in any order. For my memory alone, I will record here, that we were in Idaho, at our very favorite lake in the whole world from July 2nd to July 9th. The first half of our trip was spent with Mike's brother and his cute family and their great friend Michelle. The second part of the week was just us five. We figure we got the best of both worlds - play HARD with cousins for 3 days, then REST and RECOUP for 3 more days alone with our lil' girls before heading home. I can't tell you what kind of memories I enjoy more at our family cabin...the GO GO kind with 6 kids under 4 - every bed, towel, and lap in the place in use:) OR the lazy days there with just our brood. Hopefully, I'll always be blessed to enjoy both kinds of trips there - - I love ALL our traditions so!

10 comments:

Judy said...

Ohhh, you did go! I love to see pics of my old stomping grounds! Believe it or not, but I don't think we'll get there this summer. :( We were there at Christmas though (although I'd take sand and sun any day!). Glad you had so much fun!

Stacey said...

I'm going to have to go with Mike's "disgusting" vote for the blue bubblegum icream....although I would've eaten it by the cupload as a kid. Glad you guys enjoyed a wonderful trip!

Glory Laine said...

I have so many blog posts in my head from our McCall trip. I was really hoping you'd tackle the "long story" I don't know that i'd have the words. Love the picture of Jabe and the juice box and the 1/3 friends.
xx

Janell said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ona said...

Fun memories!

Unknown said...

WHat WONDERFUL memories! Love all the pictures!

LizzyG said...

I want to hear the "long story" too!

I love all of those pictures. All those kids are just so darn cute. I'm so glad you guys were able to get away and make some memories as a family.

Blessings to you Stefanie!

Molly said...

I love all the pictures. Thanks for sharing. I was just thinking how happy it must make Mike and Pam's heart that all of you hang out together and make these memories. What a blessing.

February Jill said...

That place is the best. What a wonderful lifetime of memories all the kiddos will have there!

Anonymous said...

People should read this.