A Mayflower's Musings

Sunday, July 27, 2008

Blown Away


A week ago, Mike and I, packed up the kids and set out on a somewhat spontaneous, and knowingly quick trip. A few months ago, a business contact of Mike's graciously offered him a two nights stay at his home in a fairly new golf resort in our state. With the knowledge that the golf was going to be top knotch and almost free, Mike shared with me his hopes that this would be a guys trip. I agreed whole-heartedly, knowing that trips like this are still a lot of work with little ones and that he and his buddies need their guy time, just like us girls need ours.

But, low and behold, the guys Mike had invited all ended up cancelling last minute...and thus, Mike started getting really excited about who he was going to ask next....who else, but his favorite girls! So, I quickly rearranged my very busy schedule (NOT) and got ready for this adventure.

Since this all happened so quickly, I didn't even have time to look at pictures on the internet of this resort or even let all the excitement build-up. So, when we pulled into the resort and subsequently opened the doors of where we were to stay...it's an understatement that we were all blown away!

Here's some pictures of the house and the pool area - the two spots that the girls and I enjoyed. Mike however golfed 54 holes in less than 48 hours - he was telling everyone that called him that he had died and gone to heaven. For once, I didn't mock his exuberance - he was telling the truth!



Every detail was attended to in this place.


There was a flat screen tv in every room.


What a shame, this downstairs mastersuite went untouched.


Oh yes, the roses and homemade cookies that greeted us on arrival.


This king size bed too - not needed - Ruby got to plant her playpen here tho.


The upstairs master suite!


Master bath...our trip was so fast, I didn't even get a bath!
(Jill and Becca I know you are disappointed in me...)


On the house and refilled daily...




How cute is this room?!! Forgetting Daphne's must-have


music at bedtime, I caved and left the cartoons on all night on their flatscreen tv -


how spoiled were they?!!






Originally I thought there would be no way I would brave


the pool with all three kids while Mike golfed, but because


their set up was so kid friendly, I actually did it!! Relaxing...no, but surprisingly


fun and doable!


Flowers everywhere...


Daphne went down this slide, no joke, 50? times!!


Hot cocoa for breakfast, with a tiny spoon for slurping.


15 comments:

Sarri said...

That looks INCREDIBLE!! I'm so glad you guys had a great time. What fun!

Glory Laine said...

I sure wish I could have soaked in that tub and watched cartoons all night AND slurped hot coco from a spoon. But I am so glad you guys got to make a good family memory.

Lindsay said...

What a wonderful get-a-way for your family!

Candi said...

How wonderful for all of you. Isn't God good to work out details when you least expect it? What a tremendous blessing. You deserve it! Love you.

crystalkupper said...

Whoa, what a place! Glad all 5 of you could have a great time. 54 holes? Yikes!

Ona said...

Wow, beautiful!

Unknown said...

Oh my! Where is this beautiful place???

Happy McNally Mom said...

How fun for you and your beautiful family.

Molly said...

Warms my heart that it turned out this way. Yes, men do need their guy time. How sweet of you to honor that. I would like to think that God honored your willingess to "let" Mike be with the boys.

Looks super fun and relaxing. Really happy for all of you. Thanks for sharing the pictures. The house looks amazing, but the girls are the best. So pretty. Your heart must be full right now.

Anonymous said...

You are so lucky! It looks fabulous! I am envious of your adventures! Good for you guys for getting away!

February Jill said...

That waterslide looks like so much fun! I'm glad you guys got to have some fun family time and good for you for making the pool work, even with all 3 girls. You are a good mommy!
Jill

momaof4 said...

Can you share were it is? We are always looking for new spots for the WHOLE family and I know the boys would love the golf! You can e-mail me :)

Don't you love when you get spear of the moment trips!! I loved them growing up, and they are fun with the kids too.

momaof4 said...

Where and spur! :)

Tara said...

That place is so cool! How great for you guys. i am glad you got to go-you deserve it Stef!

Sharon said...

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!