A Mayflower's Musings

Thursday, March 13, 2008

I fought for this picture...




Last summer, my talented father in law, Mike, built my girls a play structure in our backyard. It wasn't a small fete and he worked through many hot August days to get it completed.

The structure plans AND our limited space called for just two swings, but knowing we had a third daughter on the way, I asked a big favor on top of the already huge favor, of finding a way to make three swings. Well, I know at least my hubby thought it wasn't the best idea, but everyone bowed and made my wish come true.

Well, last week, on a very sunny afternoon (aren't we missing that today?), I was smiling ear to ear because of my three swings.

It was the best "little dream" come true that I could have imagined!

*dedicated to the hero in my little girls' eyes...their grandpa

7 comments:

Glory Laine said...

What a bunch of swingers! How is Daphne feeling? Phoebe is puking. Sickness sucks.

Happy McNally Mom said...

I love this picture of the three girls. How wonderful.

Jonathan said...

Ahh, I remember Uncle Mike when I was just a little kid. He was so big and so strict, but he did it out of love. Looking back it's easy to see his willingness to work (so hard) to give his loved ones the best. Props!

February Jill said...

What a nice daughter-in-law you are to write such a sweet tribute. I think your kind words go a long way towards people wanting to do nice things for you. (Like make a 3rd swing happen!)
Love you.

Ona said...

Great picture...adorable girls you have.

LizzyG said...

Hey! It was so good to hear from you via a blog comment :)

I'm up late too, and catching up on all the blogs. I've been away for a couple weeks, and I miss seeing all my virtual make-believe friends :)

These pictures are so cute. All three of your girls are just beautiful. I'm so proud of you for pushing for that 3rd swing. If only the men in our lives would stop second guessing us and realize we always know what's best!

Your girls are very blessed to have such a kind and caring grandpa!

Angela said...

That father n law of yours is something else. What a guy!!

Hope you are having a great week!