A Mayflower's Musings

Friday, January 25, 2008

What we've been doing around our house...



It's no surprise that since the mom here has been resting and recuperating a lot lately, that the girls have definitely gotten their share of getting to be couch potatoes along with me! I only have a twinge of guilt for the amount of television I have allowed them to watch - it really has been a survival tool. But I know that this just a short phase in our life and they will not be harmed for life for indulging in as many Caillou, Max and Ruby, and Franklin episodes that they want. Actually, we usually have probably too much going on, and this has been a really nice down time for everyone. I think as we take on more activities, I will try to not become as busy as life had become pre-Ruby!

So, here's a funny story in relation to all the tv we have been taking in. At bedtime the other night, I had already read a story to Daphne (there is some old fashioned entertainment still occuring here too), and I was halfway into my bedtime prayer for her, when all of a sudden she jumped out of bed and headed to her door. I stopped my words mid-sentence, and gave her a glare as she looked back at me from her doorway. In my motherly voice I said, "Daphne, what are you doing? She goes, " Mom, I forgot to wash out my toothbrush with water." And I said, "But, Daphne, I was right in the middle of praying for you." Then without a blink of an eye, she replied, "Just pause it mom." I couldn't help but chuckle to myself! Kids these days!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

What precious girls you have! Looks like everyone could use the R&R!

crystalkupper said...

Jack has the same bouncer as Ruby! :-) And great story about Daphne, too. Enjoy your rest.

momaof4 said...

There is nothing better then just having some down time. We are doing that today. Think most of us are still in our jammies!! :)

Pray you start feeling back to speed soon.

Angela said...

Your girls are just beautiful!
I can't wait to meet the newest addition in person!

Anonymous said...

At first glance I saw little Stef, instead of Daphne laying on the floor with her sisters! She looks so much like her momma! I hope we can get together soon, I can't wait to meet little Ruby :)
HUGS
Charity

Rachel said...

I love it! I think it's wonderful that there is all that relaxed bonding.
And Daphne is a girl after my own heart...can't finish that story until everything's done! That's the best!

Rachel said...

I love it! I think it's wonderful that there is all that relaxed bonding.
And Daphne is a girl after my own heart...can't finish that story until everything's done! That's the best!

LizzyG said...

Seeing these pictures brought back memories of when Olivia was a newborn. Daniel was 7 and Sarah was 6, and I was homeschooling both of them. We took a few weeks off from school and did the exact same thing....major R&R. It was such a wonderful, special time! And is one of my fondest memories. I hope you enjoy every lazy day to the fullest!