A Mayflower's Musings

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Maisie's First "School" Day and More!








It's been awhile since I have posted, but lots has been going on!

  • Ruby has grown out of some of her first round of clothes (only some of the "newborn" ones that preceed 0-3 months) and diapers already - although she's still a quite teeny to us all!

  • Daphne had pink eye last week and yesterday I woke up with it - but with a bonus (mine was in both eyes and more severe) It came with a nasty cold and we both are hacking away.

  • I got out Ruby's baby announcements - which contributed to my down immune system and thus the cold I am stuck with today. Oh, well, sometimes you just have to buckle down and get a project done.

  • The biggest goings on though, is that Maisie started in a 2 year old class today. She will go twice a week to allow me more time to hold Ruby, possibly run an errand with two and not three little ones, and to give her a really fun and safe place to play. (Or like right now, I am able to sit down and do a post while Ruby sleeps and Daphne quietly colors - yahoo) She will even nap there. It's just short term for us - until June. This was such a huge back and forth decision for me, so please say a prayer that all goes well.

Love to all - just catching ya'll up!

Post addition at 5pm:
Just wanted to add that Maisie got home and all went well. Mike picked her up and took her to ice cream afterward. All I really know is that she refused to nap on the cots, so one of the teachers rocked her and she slept in her arms for an hour and a half! What a sweet teacher!


7 comments:

Unknown said...

Your children are so beautiful! Ruby has already grown out of clothes and diapers?? Wow!

I'll bet Maisie will enjoy her school more than you know!!

Glory Laine said...

Anything that gets us more posts on the three little darlings is a yes from me (unless child services is involved then I have to draw the line).
Great pictures Stef. Maisie is going to have great time. My guess is today will not be easy (First time nap somewhere else....never is easy) But once she learns the routine and feels safe she'll do great. Sorry about the pink eye. I think pink eye is included in your welcome to preschool along with your handbook. I just wish they'd send eye drops home too.
Love that you are getting a little time today. You need it.

momaof4 said...

I will be praying.

She is going to love it...look at that big smile on her face.

Loved the announcements. They were amazing!!!

Sometimes Moms just have to do what they need to do to get time with one of the little ones..or for themselves. It will all go wonderfully.

Angela said...

Precious pictures!!!
So excited for your trip to Hawaii for your 10th anniversary!!!
Had such a great time seeing Mike and Pam! They couldn't wait to get home to see their sweet grandkids!

Rachel said...

I love the new pictures. Yeah for preschool!!! Take care of yourself! Those girls need you!!!

Jonathan said...

I think lil MaiMai will have a great time while offering necessary reprieve. I love the pictures.

LizzyG said...

Ruby is stunning! It just melts my heart to see those pictures of how little and precious she is. She really is a beautiful baby.

Olivia was almost 3 when we started her at Court Street Christian's 2's and 3's class. And it was so, very hard for me to leave her there 2 days a week. But she adjusted to it well, and it's not so hard anymore. Of course, I'd rather be with her on those days, but I can't. Sometimes we can't have everything just the way we want it, and we learn to adjust and do what's best for the whole family...right? :) (I'm talking to myself here)

Well, I hope you're doing well, and I love seeing the pictures of your precious family. Take care!