A Mayflower's Musings

Saturday, December 17, 2016

Snow, boo-boos and sickies

So far this Christmas break has been exciting!

 

It started with two snow days for the kids to start their vacation off early.... we all love the white stuff and especially changes in routine.  Basketball, dance, school parties and normal run around were alllll cancelled!  Yay.
 

 
 The kids got to play outside-  sled with friends, and have an impromptu taco dinner with a family that usually wouldn't be able to share dinner with us on a weeknight! 

 

We've watched home alone 1 and 2, Maisie's been reading, Ruby's been drawing, Daphne's been sleeping A LOT!!!! Recuperating from a horrible cold....mikes been working a tiny less than normal but mostly still working more than most.  I've been doing dishes and laundry and eating the sugar cookies that were supposed to go to Henry's school preschool party.  Oh and maisie is helping with chores trying to earn money for her siblings Christmas gifts.  

 

Today I may even try to tackle what appears to be an accumulation of a years worth of shoving things in crannies all over this darn house.  My mom gave me a heart for people but also her unorganized house hold keeping.  I can't find a dang thing EVER.  And did you know that every closet seems to have mismatched socks in it?



Oh--- the reason I wrote this post was to document Ruby's smashed finger.  The injury that was heard 'round the world occurred at the above mentioned dinner with friends.  It got pinched in the inside hinges of a bedroom door and the phrases that came of the kid's mouth were more like what you'd hear from a first time mom pushing out a baby without drugs.


"I wanna die!" "Why me?!?"  "Everyone shut up" "mommmmmy" "is it gonna fall off????"

 

And ever since she asks me to check it a few times a day and I think she still worries it might fall off.  This kid has a a low pain threshold and a case of deeply feeling injustice..... oh my! 

Lastly, on what's officially our first day of winter break-  Henry began puking at 630am and hasn't been far from the toilet since.  

I guess snow and puke is gonna keep us close to home yet another day. It's like winter knows we need a dose of snow and puke every once in awhile to slow down - rub our kids' backs and clean out the closets of our life.

Again-  and always blessed.

 

No comments: