A Mayflower's Musings

Thursday, December 29, 2016

I believe....

I loved the movie Miracle on 34th street years and years before Maisie played Susan in Gallery's production 2 years ago -  and now...well, the sweet lines of this movie/play are engrained in my heart forever!

Today as I once again drove the many streets of McMinnville-  noticing every home and every for sale sign,  I realized I was reciting something in my head:

"I believe...I believe...it's silly...but I believe"

 

Just like Susan in the end of the story -  wishing for a real home for her mother and her...skeptical... but hoping that Santa had indeed granted her only wish that Christmas...I find myself in the same predicament.

Wanting to believe 2017 will be the year that we own a home again...not exactly dreaming big, not exactly holding my breath but constantly like a petty child talking to herself to believe even if I don't.

I don't even need anything fancy.  I just want it to be mine.  I feel bad for that wish because it's a first world problem.  

Healthy kids and warm and fed.  Nice clothes and fun vacations.  Writing this is therapeutic.  It helps me remember in two short sentences that I don't WANT for anything.

But in all honesty (and that's what I should name my blog in this season of life Honest Musings) I'm driving around my city reciting "I believe ... I believe... it's silly but I believe."

Because I hope in 2017 I have a home to call our very own.  And if doesn't happen ...well....I still believe God has blessed me pretty mightily and He must still have a purpose in me and my babes staying humble and thankful.

Here's Daphne opening one of her gifts this Christmas-  a Susan Boyle cd from her Auntie Becca...and this encaptulates how my kids responded to all their gifts this year-  with pure genuine  excitement no matter the size of the present.  Pretty much ended 2016 with a bang for me.  I thought I'd ruined the last 5 months in terms of mothering them.  But their little souls seem to be thriving.  

 

No comments: