A Mayflower's Musings

Monday, December 12, 2016

I'm so thankful for this morning

 

Sitting here with Tate on my lap ...

There's so much I'm excited about -  presents that I've meticulously chosen for so many people ... many of them in route in sealed up in boxes bouncing around in the back of a ups truck... can't wait til they get here!

Family time and days off school and sports and dance events coming to a halt.

The possibility of snow again this week....

My house cleaner coming today (thus the chair laying sideways on the couch in the picture) -  she's amazing. And it's such a treat to see clean floors and bathrooms.

But mostly I'm thankful this particular morning for the chance to give a stab at some of my goals again.  I've realized when I'm sad I resort to old habits much more rooted than my newer healthier habits.  It's hard to climb out of this pit of unhealthy ness again-  and I slipped again this weekend.  But God's mercies are thank goodness new every morning and I'm bound and determined to feel good again -- so my weeks workouts and food are planned and ready to be executed.  

What if we didn't get second chances at all our misgivings and failures?  

Thankful for excitement deep in my soul.  I don't take those feelings for granted anymore.

No comments: