A Mayflower's Musings

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Snow Day 2011

What a wonderful surprise/gift this morning ....lots of snow and NO SCHOOL!!! I'm just like a kid when it comes to snow days...yippee!

We played out front with all the neighbor kids and moms and dads too! You won't see Maisie because Mike coined it "Maisie day" and took her out to breakfast, to the grocery store and out to see the movie "Gnomeo and Juliet". Since she refuses to wear pants I was glad she was hangin' out with her dad during our snow play!











Then when our toes were frozen...we came back inside to thaw out. It was then a long day of the kids keeping themselves occupied. Ruby found her own kind of fun and we're trying not to read into it too much:) Ha!




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't for some reason leave you a comment on your blog. I'm not really sure why, and the kind screen offered me some help in how to un-disable myself, but I'm just too pooped to deal with it right now. For another day that has been less "fun"!
BUT, I did want to leave you a comment about your wonderful photos, and say that I just love the photos of Ruby-roo. She is such a doll, and has so much personality! you'll want to keep those photos for future use, for sure! Definite bribe material! I also loved see Gus! He's such a handsome boy! It looks like you guys had as much fun as my kiddos out and about today. Talk soon-- L

February Jill said...

We enjoyed it too and I was so glad I had bought a sled right after Christmas when they were on clearance at Target. I pulled Josh around it like he was royalty and we found out just how many of Elsa's classmates live in the neighborhood (tons) because all children alive and well were outside throwing snow. It was such a great day!

Dan and Charity Smith said...

Beautiful pics again, Stef! I'm glad you had fun- we had fun with the neighbor kids too :) I just can't stop giggling about those pics of Ruby- so funny. Yay for snowday! Char