A Mayflower's Musings

Saturday, February 26, 2011

12 weeks and Counting

This week I made the milestone of 12 weeks in my pregnancy. It felt really good, because I typically start feeling better around this point. And it's been true to the past...this week was much more manageable. I'm still nauseous in the evening, but the day time icky is gone, and a tiny bit of energy is bursting through.

It's hard to really say this for sure, but this has seemed like the hardest first trimester so far. I can't believe this is my fourth time around!! On top of extreme symptoms, I had a really bad cold in there and a round of the flu.

My house has never ever ever been so out of control. It made me feel even worse about myself ... but on the flip, my husband was super supportive and easy going about the disaster. And, I couldn't help but rest or sleep every time I had a free moment.

But I started climbing out of the pile this week...little by little and there is a light of hope again:)



(yay for a new camera that takes such pretty pictures too)

I'll have my next appointment on March 10th and it will feel comforting to finally hear the baby's heart beat. When you aren't showing or experiencing movement it's easy to be worried.

Oh, and my dear friend just had her very first baby this week...so I get to go hold her soon. I can't wait:)

5 comments:

crystalkupper said...

I'm so excited for this newest little one!

Dan said...

Again, so happy for you. You are such a good mama. love Char

Rachel said...

I'm so glad you are feeling better! This is so exciting. Hope it keeps getting easier.

1pureheart said...

Hi!

Congrats on being pregnant!

I saw that you had a couple of questions regarding the rainbow wreath...you can email them to me and I will get back to you asap!
fullers4god@hotmail.com
Melissa

Darci said...

I so can not wait to meet this sweet babe! You are more than welcome to come love on little Addilyn any time you need a baby "fix." So glad you are feeling a little better!!