A Mayflower's Musings

Monday, August 16, 2010

Just Wanna Blog

Hey Bloggers,

I know it doesn't happen very often, but do ya'll ever have a time in life where there isn't anything real substantial to share or any pictures to display, and yet, you just want to share? You just want to let people know that you are still alive and having real alive feelings and moments, but they might not be interesting to anyone else out there?!

I am having one of those life moments. It could attribute it also to the fact that my camera has been broken for weeks and that seriously hinders blogging.

Anyway, my sister has my girls tonight, so that I can go to work with Mike in the morning. I couldn't get him to take a day off, so I shall ride with him and we'll have that "budget meeting" we've been needing to have all summer. My sister and I have been swapping kids for moments like these more lately and it is divine.

So the house is quiet and I just feel like blogging, but have nothing much to say. So here is my life in a nutshell on August 16th:

~ Had a long day feeling sorry for myself because I have been exercising for 4 plus weeks now, 5 days a week, an hour at a time, and I've lost 3 pounds. Woe to be thirty something with a metabolism that won't jump start itself quickly anymore!

~Walking around in so much pain from a "boot camp" class I took at my sister's gym on Saturday...it hurts to even reach for groceries.

~ Driving home tonight I had one of those unpredicted moments where all my soul misses my Dad, and realizes again in a fresh way that he's gone forever. Grieving that feels inconsolable.

~ Wishing I could clean my house tomorrow while the kids are away but knowing that spending time with Mike will be an investment hugely worth making.

~It was hot and really a ill-productive day today.

Is it okay to blog about these sort of non memorable days????



~

8 comments:

crystalkupper said...

Absolutely! I love hearing what you're up to. Any thoughts on when our families can get together?

Christi said...

For some reason I really appreciated this post.

crystalkupper said...

Next Wednesday at 6 should work! Are we on? What should I bring?

Sara said...

YES! I love to hear the ins & outs of your life. I also have started working out several times a week & writing down all that I eat and have only lost a measly 2 pounds. UGH!

crystalkupper said...

Tuesday at 6 should work, too! What should I bring?

Angela said...

Yes!

Hope you had a great summer!

Our great adventure said...

Yes! Because then we know that other people have days like us!
Can't wait to see you soon!!!

crystalkupper said...

Hi Stef, are we on for tomorrow night????