A Mayflower's Musings

Saturday, May 8, 2010

Trying to Heal



I've never done this before, but I went away all by myself. I'm at one of my dad's favorite places. The coast. And it's a beautiful day.

And yet, it's 1pm and I haven't gotten out of bed!!! It feels SOOOOOO good.

A few friends and family members didn't want me to be alone this weekend, but I just knew it was right! I'm finally resting, and a bit at peace.

It's just the beginning of healing, but Dad would be smiling at me right now.

I wanted to write and tell you all that his service was unbelievable. I can't really describe it, but it was everything we didn't even know we wanted. It truly was the Holy Spirit at work. We worked hard to prepare all the words, pictures, music, flowers, and prayers - but God was the glue. The people he brought, the words that were unplanned, the hearts broken together, the music taking us back in time, and three little kids standing together to say goodbye to their daddy. I know if heaven allows an eye down to earth, my dad would have been beaming with pride.

Life's a journey, and sometimes a crash course. Right now, out my window, the sea is calm.

I think I'll go walk alongside it for awhile....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hugs and prayers, Stef. I'm so glad you were able to get away & get some quiet time for yourself. Know that I'm thinking of you & love you lots! Char

crystalkupper said...

You are a wise woman to follow your intuition. L.M. Montgomery always said the sea has healing powers. I'm so glad the service went well, I was praying for everything to flow smoothly. I will keep it up as your family adjusts. Good job, Stef, I know your dad would be so proud.

Candi said...

The service is truly the beginning of a long healing process, but it sounds like you and your family are allowing God to help you along the way. I'll continue to lift you in prayer. So glad you were able to get away by yourself. Sometimes that is exactly what you need.

Sara said...

I love you, Stef...way to follow your heart & make your daddy proud!