A Mayflower's Musings

Sunday, June 28, 2009

Catching Up

Although I haven't blogged lately, we definitely haven't stopped living here - quite the contrary actually! I have lots to share and I don't know where to start! So, I think I will do a "review style" post for my memory and to keep any readers I have apprised of our goings ons.


The first graduation attended was that of my mom's private kindergarten class. All of her
grandkids (and daughters) came to join in on the picnic at a local park. I was so proud of my mom and the ministry she created 26 years ago...a private preschool at her church. She added the kindergarten 2 years ago when she retired from public ed. It was a blessing to watch all the little kids in the program singing, "He's got the whole world in His hands..."
In the picture above, she has all my girls in her hands (if not physically, definitely emotionally)
Then Daphne graduated from preschool herself!

Even as her mom, it's a toss up of who's cuter - Daphne or her teacher Mrs. Thompson!


Daphne and a great pal/classmate/carpoolee.
Some girlfriends out for a morning hike and reflective time.
Not the best picture of me, but a great memory made that day!
This is my friend, Candi - - how could I resist this picture, and then sharing!
Pink is her "signature" color:)
Side Note - I know a few Candi's now....and they all have red hair.


First ever block party - a rockin success!

How adorable and special is this picture for the albums??!!!!




If I was writing more about this activity, I would press you to do the same
in your neighborhoods. It's an endangered pasttime...but we found that it was enjoyable,
appreciated, and really valuable.
Softball is my favorite thing about life right now. Can you
by Maisie's dirt smeared face, that I'm not the only one enjoying it???!!!
I love that we all are PLAYING outside.


A better picture of our girl - she really doesn't have buck teeth - yet, anyway!

Today I caught a ball that was crushed out to the outfield and right into my glove.
Since it may never happen again, I decided to do a little victory dance.
I couldn't help myself and everyone seemed to enjoy it too:)














































8 comments:

Our great adventure said...

All thsoe picture made me miss you guys so much! No baby yet, my due date is thursday, but I'm counting on going late, so that I'm not too dissapointed when thursday comes and goes. We are going for a vbac- so God only knows what will happen!

Our great adventure said...

All thsoe picture made me miss you guys so much! No baby yet, my due date is thursday, but I'm counting on going late, so that I'm not too dissapointed when thursday comes and goes. We are going for a vbac- so God only knows what will happen!

February Jill said...

I would have LOVED to see that victory dance! Congrats on your big catch, did you go out for an ice cream cone after?

Love you guys! Wish we could have spent more time talking on Friday night.

Jill

crystalkupper said...

I love the pictures of all the kids together in their swimsuits! At my high school graduation, there were lots of those kinds of pics coming out...mostly everyone who graduated together also went to kindergarten together!

crystalkupper said...

Oh, and yay for red-headed Candi's with an "i"! :-)

KLB said...

I love the picture of all the kids on their bathing suits. Too Cute!
I am so proud of you for catching that ball. Catch another one, for those of us afraid of the ball.
:)

Stacey said...

love daphne's graduation dress! our block puts on a block party as well. they're hard core....a theme each year, fliers, a schedule of events, an announcer with a pa system. congrats on the catch!

Growing Good Golfers said...

Great pictures! Looks like you have been having fun!