A Mayflower's Musings

Monday, February 25, 2008

Smiles and Bows: What more could we ask for?





Sometimes I think I can judge if a group of pictures or a topic is worthy enough to post, by the amount of titles I can think of to go with it. Well, yesterday, as I shot these pictures, I was already "composing" and getting excited about this one!

Last week was big for milestones in Ruby's life. At the beginning of the week she started smiling at us when we interacted with her. Then, if that wasn't enough to send us into cloud 9 in the world of parenting, we got a bow in her hair for church yesterday. The best part of that was the fact that her sisters were so proud of her. I guess they kinda realized that she had finally entered another level of girlhood - one that they both cherish: getting beautiful. They made sure to point out her new feature to everyone they met at church.

I don't need to say much more, as the pictures could have told the story alone...But, to let you in on a personal secret of mine, there are days that can be labeled, "Done at three" and days that are sealed with a "Definitely want a fourth". Can you guess what yesterday was?

9 comments:

Glory Laine said...

Wow Stef. She already looks so big. You really need to give me lessons on how to do girl hair. I have no idea what I am doing.
Way to get the cammera out with the third. Keep it up.

momaof4 said...

Love the bows!!

I think it was you want 4!! Seems to be the hot new thing these day's. Serious!!!

:)

crystalkupper said...

So much fun when they first smile at you!

February Jill said...

What a little beauty! I think with all those beautiful girls in your house, you and Mike should have one more, a little boy who is bully enough to protect all his sisters!

Rachel said...

Look at how big she's gotten. She is so beautiful. And I LOVE the smiles!!!

LizzyG said...

She is just so beautiful. I love her outfit and red bow. And you took such great pictures...who needs a portrait studio? Some of my favorite framed pictures are ones I took myself.

I admire you for wanting a fourth so soon! I have those thoughts too, but it took me a little longer to start thinking that way.

Happy McNally Mom said...

I love these pictures. She is so perfect. I would love for you guys to come over one day. I think I see wedding bells in the future for Logan and her.

srid20 said...

Very cute Stef. I love the photos.
Why stop at 4? Keep em coming...
:-)

February Jill said...

How is it that your are the mother of three very different, very irrisistible beauties?