A Mayflower's Musings

Thursday, December 27, 2007

Christmas Notes ' 2007













I don't scrapbook all my pictures - I save that for baby books, special trips and gifts. But, last year the idea came to me, that it would be really fun to have just a Christmas Scrapbook, so that you could really see the growth of the kids from December to December, the toys that were the big hit of the year, the special things we did to celebrate, etc etc. I really want to do this in a scrapbook form, but this year, I won't be getting to that til maybe June?

This next part is just for me. So, until then, I will use this to get my thoughts down, before I forget...

Leading up to Christmas (not in order):

1. Singing Christmas Tree outing
2. Just Moms Shopping Trip
3. Daphne's Preschool Program
4. Daphne's Church Program
5. Decorating the Christmas Tree at Grandma Pam and Grandpa Mike's
6. Making the gingerbread house
7. Daphne making our wrapping paper
8. Moms Group projects
9. Daddy putting up Christmas lights
10. Ruby's room preparations instead of big Christmas decor
11. The year of the AZ trip...

Favorite Gifts:

Mike - Nano
Me - My tea pot and sugar and creamer from Pottery Barn
Daphne - 3 new Barbie movies, rings, glitter glue (thanks to Matt and Becca:), calculator with paper roll
Maisie - baby that cries, her own dress up dress, new jammies

On the calendar:

Dec. 22 - Dinner at our house with Dad
Dec. 23 - Dinner at Jon's with mom and G. Miller
Dec. 24th - Dinner at Mike and Pam's
Dec. 25th - To Creswell for Riddle family Christmas

Hardest thing - Maisie had a streak of bad sleeping in there, which a NON pregnant mom would have handled fairly well, but this very pregnant mom, was extra tired and teary. Luckily, the day after Christmas, she resumed to her usual schedule:).

Best thing - We kept things as simple as possible with our situation, and were very prepared. Then, Mike helped a tremendous amount at the different events. I got to sit and rest a lot. We were a great team!

Side note - first Christmas without Damion and Lesley, Max and Emmy :(

I wasn't as invested in the hupla of Christmas this year, which was actually not a bad thing. We focused on friends, family, and reading lots of great books about Jesus' birth. The girls didn't miss out on anything important. We were preparing for a baby too, just like Mary, so it was fitting that I was working on the nursery and trying to soak up my girls as much as possible during this Christmas season.

4 comments:

Rachel said...

Cute pics! You were a very busy girl this holiday. I'm glad you enjoyed it!

Angela said...

Great pictures! It is fun to see uncle Matt in there!

Happy McNally Mom said...

I'm so glad that you had a great Christmas. Good luck this week with the new baby. I will pray for you and a speedy recovery.

LizzyG said...

Congratulations Mike and Stefanie!!!

Praise God you're new little girl has arrived. I hope you are all doing well. I'm sure very tired, but hopefully happy and healthy! God bless your family as you enjoy your precious new baby girl!