A Mayflower's Musings

Wednesday, October 7, 2020

Maisie and Me

The first weekend in October, Maisie and I went to our favorite beach house-  or should I say-  little river house -  for her birthday!  It was actually the 4th year in a row that she has asked that we do this get-away instead of a big birthday parties..

I do believe I love these weekends as much as Maisie! Maisie’s birthday is on September 27th and it is the fourth birthday we celebrate that month!  So, by that weekend I am always so exhausted.  And I always treasure my 1-1 times with my children. It’s easy and purposeful and so important to me!

This time we watched all five Twilight movies-  she had never seen them and it had been a very long time since I had.  We had take out (pandemic style) at Grateful Bread, dined outside at The Riverhouse, shopped at our favorite clothing store in Pacific City, took a walk on the beach, sat on the deck, slept and ate lots of candy!!  

Pretty much divine!

Thank you Uncle Dave and Christie for the blessing of our little Woods cabin and the memories it continues to offer our extended family!  





















No comments: