A Mayflower's Musings

Monday, January 1, 2018

Home. Happy. Behind.

Well we finished our two week getaway that whizzed by quickly and are home-  very rested and yet a bit frazzled.

The kids are nervous about school starting tomorrow and I am SO behind on laundry it’s quite ridiculous, and Mike is facing a lot to do at work all week too!

But I never quite finished a post stewing in my heart while we were literally singing inside a cabin walled with snow!  Baking cookies and singing along to Bing Crosby’s versions of many favorite Christmas and winter songs.  

I shall post some of my favorite final pictures - it’s always a back up to my failure at keeping normal photo backups on a hard drive or cloud or whatever the more responsible lot does....

Thank goodness I blog.













It's a marshmallow world in the winter,
When the snow comes to cover the ground,
It's the time for play, it's a whipped cream day,
I wait for it all year round
.

Those are marshmallow clouds being friendly,
In the arms of the evergreen trees,
And the sun is red like a pumpkin head,
It's shining so your nose won't freeze
.



















It really was like that song-  so magical!!!!

Here’s a few more of our final days with friends-  a little less lazy and more GO go GO!!!! Not my preferred speed but we were rested and ready to go along with our guests’ McCall bucket list!!!!










I’m unsure if we will ever have two weeks again in our little cabin in the winter time again-  it was a gift and I had to pinch myself everyday that we were there.  I hope we will return to see the snow again before the kids leave our nest but if not I’m content.  Content with the gift and content that I love Mcminnville even more!

That was reassured on our return-  I missed my home, my friends, my neighbors and the norms here.  Vacation in McCall and Hawaii and other reaches YESsSsSS but truly home is where the heart is!














I haven’t even taken down my tree here- I’m behind.  But I think that’s kinda fitting!  It is here on Davis street that I’ll book end 2017.

It is here that I belong. 

No comments: