A Mayflower's Musings

Friday, February 12, 2016


When we moved,  Mike and I found a box of our old CDs still packed from a previous move.  I've been listening to Alabama's greatest hits and the lyrics in this particular song are so much more powerful to me than my days in college years ago....(many years ago-  yikes)

Life ain't all that easy,  I can testify to that.
Been up and down,  and round and round,
To get to where I'm at....

We're only here for awhile,  so why not smile, hey livin' ain't all that bad.  So....

Give me one more shot.

I'll give it all I got.

Let me open my eyes to a new sunrise I pray.

Give me one more chance.

I'll learn to dance the dance.

I'm satisfied,  just being alive-  

Give me one more day.



So many times in the last 5 years I've caught myself feeling bad for myself for things that have happened to me,  to Mike and to my extended family.  The emotions are layered and complex and I guess I'm the end there's been a lot of anger for someone that doesn't get mad very easily.

But I love this song and how it reminds me that life is short, and how I yearn to master the important things while I'm here. 

Just give me one more chance....let me:

Be more patient.

More loving to myself.

Filled with more gratitude.

Smile and laugh.

Want to get out of bed.

Oh please,

Let me be content with my own dance.


No comments: