A Mayflower's Musings

Sunday, August 23, 2015

Taking a break from Facebook.

I think I'm ready to get away from Facebook for a variety of reasons-  time,  insecurities,  comparisons and plain addiction.  

I probably spend more on their than quality time with my kiddos?!?!  I dunno.  But I told a friend that I'm giving it up for a year.  

Now I will have to make sure to visit Grandma Barb a lot more often to keep her in the loop-  but isn't that better anyway?  

I had a great weekend away and some things became crystal clear as they tend to do with distance.  

I love this poem dad wrote that I found in the beach house guest book.  Love that he found writing as therapeutic as me and this is possibly the only thing I have left where he wrote my name.

Can you imagine the last time your parent writes your name?  So special.  

Gonna replace Facebook time with some prayer,  dates with my kids and blog time!  

Yahoo.  It won't be easy at first but hoping it will be healing.  

Xoxo,

STEF

No comments: