A Mayflower's Musings

Friday, May 22, 2015

A "grand" haven for this mama....




Last night was the talent show at Grandhaven elementary school and all the girls had an act in the show.  I couldn't help but reflect about the relationships the girls and I have made in that community.

Whether the friendships I've made have come from volunteering,  sports,  Missoula children's theater plays,  neighborhood life,  pick-up time,  or substitute teaching -  there are many with parents,  teachers and kids alike.

I just couldn't live life in isolation-  I thrive by reaching out,  pulling in and often asking for help.  And through it all I've found that by seeking relationships -  I've stayed afloat.  

Last night as almost each student approached the mic I could say I knew them-  and a lot of them have been in my home.  I could also look around and give their parents a cheerful smile or encouraging knowing-ful look...

They've been the ones I've texted and emailed and called and waved and laughed and cried with month after month.

So many friends-  good years!!  

As Daphne says goodbye to Grandhaven I will be sad that those six years of her life flew by so fast but mindful of the growth and love provided in a nurturing school.

So grateful for all the teachers and friends we've met along the way.  This mother could never had done it without you all!!!




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

indeed. it was a blessing to watch. ;) Even I could say I knew half the girls!! :) and a few of the boys. much love. Stacie