A Mayflower's Musings

Saturday, December 17, 2011

Catching up ... best pictures lately.

Life has sped by since Thanksgiving. Sometimes I want to just pick up and move somewhere where we could hide from the clock.

Here are the best pictures of the last few weeks:

















The stories behind the pictures that uploaded in no chronological order...happy kids/happy cousins on Thanksgiving 2011....chubby 3 month old who found his thumb, smiles a lot and sleeps through the night...two sisters who spend a lot of mornings together creating pretend worlds and fun bath times before PM kindergarten...and a most memorable Friday during Advent where only the kids and I snuck away to our family beach cabin JUST for the day with cookie making, movie watching and rock throwing as the highlites of our "cabin day".

In a time that bursts with memory making, stories bred out of the speed we live life this time of year and reflections that stir my heart when I sit alone and ponder the greatest gift the world has ever been given...my blogging/writing mind composes daily. I want to show you what we are doing and tell you how I am feeling. But the life I lead is so full right now that it leaves little time for the words to be written down. I'm sure you feel the same. Time to turn off the Christmas tree lights and get some sleep. Tomorrow's a new day!

3 comments:

crystalkupper said...

Oh my goodness, Henry's looking soooo much like Mike to me! Love the one of the girls with their knees pulled up to their chests. Good for you for getting away to the cabin for a day. I have that urge right now, too!

Sara said...

Sweet pics, Stef! Can your kids get any cuter?!? I am in awe that you had the energy to go to the beach for the day to make cookies, etc. You are Super Mommy!

KLB said...

Beautiful pictures. What a handsome young man. I am so jealous he sleeps through the night! What is your secret?