A Mayflower's Musings

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

I want this!



I could write a long text about my perfectionism and how it doesn't meld well with being a mom of young children. I'm in the process of trying again to find a good balance of the following:

a. Teaching kids to pick up after themselves, when I'm not that good at it either.

b. Taking back parts of my house for my own sanity. Allowing them to have freedom in their spaces too.

c. Simplifying but not knowing exactly how much.

d. Not nagging, nagging, nagging.

It's coming together at the right time. They are ready for more responsibility and I need the help.

But, the quote above is putting all my inner turmoil back into perspective tonight. I think I need it hanging on my front door.

Or if I'm honest with myself I need it written across my heart, so I can calm down, and remember like that country song says...

"Let them be little...for they're only that way for awhile..."

4 comments:

crystalkupper said...

You are brave, my dear. And awesome. :-)

Stacey said...

Isn't it the truth? When my kids are driving me up the wall I try to take a deep breath and remember that 10 years from now I will probably wish for the time that they were little ones, worshiping me and needing me every minute of the day.

Stacy said...

What a good reminder!

Thanks for the comment tonight at the World of Wiedz :) I do read Ann Voskamp's blog...amazing. My sister has the book and if she ever finishes it I'm next on the list. I bet it is wonderful! I've printed out the mini gratitude books for the kids and I to do in November together.

Beautiful pictures of your little man!

February Jill said...

I need it written across my forehead!!!!!

Jill