A Mayflower's Musings

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Joy in 3's

How much longer will I be able to dress them exactly alike? As I washed the girls' matching July 4th outfits tonight, it occurred to me that those days are probably numbered. Maybe one or two more years? And that's only because Daphne is so amicable.

This is the second year in a row that Pam has bought them matching attire for the 4th. Once again we started the evening's festivities with our favorite ice cream shop - "Ice Cream Alley". There's always a huge line that evening, so while Mike and Pam held our spot in the "queue" and Mike Sr held our spot lakeside, I took the girls for a little photo shoot.

And that is where my title comes into play...JOY. Pure joy, I tell ya. Those three girls in matching outfits, whom all LOVE to pose...my pregnant hormonal heart could have just burst. For a moment the fact that they can be demanding, whiny, and testers of my patience in daily life was forgotten and they were just my pride and joy. Not to mention that their outfits screamed patriotism and pure American summer fun...forget it for this sentimental soul.





















God Bless America and my three sweethearts!

2 comments:

crystalkupper said...

Did you get a full-length shot of their dresses? I want to see the full thing! They look so cute!

Sara said...

Cute x 3! Love the poses. They know how to work it and you should be proud!