A Mayflower's Musings

Monday, July 19, 2010

Second Annual Block BBQ

This past Saturday me and my two great neighbor girlfriends held the second annual all block bbq. It was so fun with lots of yummy summer food and friendly conversation. I can't tell you enough how blessed I am with a great neighborhood. Right here on my street I have kid swapping, carpooling, daycare, borrowed grandparents, open cupboards, multiple friends, teen babysitters, and even our pastor and his family!

I feel so great about the relationships here, that I invited 5 of the kiddos to spend the night after the bbq! So along with my three, I had eight sleeping on the living room floor, eight popcorn bowls, eight juice boxes, eight right before bed potty breaks, and in the morning eight Mickey Mouse pancakes. It was a complete blast. They slept from 11pm til 6:30pm (with a round of throw up from Daphne in the middle of the night!) I even had them vacuum my floor in the morning - which they loved.

Needless to say, I skipped church in the morning and took a three hour nap with Ruby!

What a great memory!






3 comments:

crystalkupper said...

You are a brave woman! Your block sounds like such fun. Can't wait to come over sometime for that BBQ!

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for having the girls for the night!! They had so much fun. We really are so blessed to have such a great neighborhood. Thanks for sharing the great pictures!

Love,
Cori

Debbie said...

What beautiful kids! A little jealous when we live in the country with no neighbors :)
hugs!
deb