A Mayflower's Musings

Sunday, May 27, 2012

Beach Get AWAY

At the end of April the girls had two days off at the end of the school week for parent-teacher conferences. I pre-planned a surprise get-a-way to our family beach cabin...just me and the kiddos. I packed all their favorite foods, three red box movies we hadn't seen (Tooth Fairy 2 is pretty cute), new art supplies and board game, and all Henry's baby gear. It was quite a bit of work, since I took this on alone, but I think the girls had a memorable time. My goal was to get away from the stuff that usually distracts me from being the fun mom I wished I could be more. My job, the dishes, the laundry, etc. I couldn't escape all of that, even with a stack of paper plates, but it was an attempt I think they will remember. They share my love of adventure!

No comments: